Greetings to all the FOB’s out there! (Fan’s of Bill)
Ever notice how much we like Acronym’s at BHC (Bill Hansen Catering) ?? I suppose it’s because we’re all busy planning your events we need to get back to work ASAP!
Check it out- Our friends over at Diamonette shared this fantastic article on Wedding Insurance (we’ve copied it below). After reading it, who wouldn’t purchase insurance just for a little extra piece of mind?
There are two types of people.. Think about the last time you booked a trip online. The people who click that little cancel any time button.. for a nominal fee, and the cowboys that say screw it! I’m taking my chances.
Here’s why the cowboys have no place in overlooking wedding insurance:
You can’t control the weather! Especially in South Florida where we have those “Tropical occurrences” (At BHC, we refrain from saying the “H” word. I’ll give you a clue: it rhymes with Shmurricane)
It’s unfortunate, but sometimes vendors disappear with advanced deposits!
The Rings—They may shine bright like a diamond, but they are surprisingly easy to misplace!
Airline Strikes and other transportation shutdown can cause you or your guests to be delayed for the wedding.
The Dress- Bill has a good story about this one.. Ask him. He’ll share it with you.
Wedding insurance starts at just $160 and covers incurred costs and replacement fees for all of the above and more. Some policies even cover the cost to re-shoot ruined photos, and replacement costs for damaged wedding gifts
No matter how carefully you plan, some things are truly beyond your control. It’s just nice to know your investment is protected for about the price of an extra guest. Consider it an invitation for your Fairy Godmother to join you on your wedding day.
Til next time!
Wedding insurance helps make things right when something goes wrong.
You’ve always dreamed of planning the perfect wedding, but no matter how carefully you plan it, there are many things that can go wrong – things that are beyond your control.
What if your reception venue goes out of business a month before the wedding, and you lose your deposit and have to find another location? Or a hurricane causes your wedding to be postponed? What if your bridal shop closes, leaving you without a gown?
A wedding is an investment, and as the average cost of weddings rises, now up to $26,501*, wedding insurance is needed more than ever. After all, you wouldn’t buy a new car that costs that much without insuring it against damage.
For as little as $160, your wedding insurance policy can cover a variety of situations, such as:
• No Dress. You can get repair or replacement cost if the bride’s wedding gown or groom’s tuxedo is lost or damaged.
• Lost Deposits. We can reimburse your deposit if a vendor goes out of business, declares bankruptcy before your wedding, or simply fails to show up.
• Lost Rings. You can receive repair or replacement cost if the bride or groom’s wedding bands are lost or damaged.
• Severe Weather. If severe weather (such as a hurricane) forces you to postpone your wedding, we can provide reimbursement for non-recoverable expenses.
Becky and Aaron spent months planning their destination wedding to Cancun, Mexico. But on their wedding day, a category four hurricane made their reception site inaccessible. If the couple had the right wedding insurance policy, they could have been reimbursed for lost deposits.
Cindy had just purchased her dream wedding dress. But when she went to pick up her dress a week before the big day, she saw an out of business sign in the window of the dress shop. With the right wedding insurance policy, Cindy could have been reimbursed for the money she lost.
Kelly and Roberto enjoyed their beautiful wedding up until their photographer called to say their wedding photos were ruined during the development process. Having the right wedding insurance policy could have helped to cover the cost to re-take the couple’s wedding photos.
• Transportation Shutdown. If you have to postpone the wedding because a commercial transportation shutdown prevents the bride, groom or their parents from getting there, you can receive reimbursement for non-recoverable expenses.
• Ruined Photos. If your photographer’s film is defective, or negatives are lost or damaged, we can help cover the cost to re-take new photos.
• Call to Duty. If the bride or groom is unexpectedly called up to active duty, or has her or his military service leave revoked, forcing you to postpone the event, we can provide reimbursement for non-recoverable expenses.
• Damaged Gifts. You can get repair or replacement cost if your wedding gifts are damaged.
• Sudden Illness. If the wedding needs to be postponed because sudden illness prevents the bride, groom or their parents from attending, you can receive reimbursement for non-recoverable expenses.
• Venue Requires Insurance. As an additional option to your policy, you can add liability coverage to protect yourself in case a guest is injured or causes damage to property.
• Liquor Liability. As an individual liability option to your policy, you can add this coverage to protect yourself against liability arising from alcohol-related occurrences (subject to policy conditions and exclusions).
• Additional Expense. If a vendor suddenly becomes unavailable for your event but you can find a last-minute replacement, we can reimburse you for the difference in cost.